This is a very challenging time for the country and the practice of orthodontics.
The present covid-19 pandemic presently poses a very serious transmission risk to the health and safety of all our patients, their families, the wider public, and our staff as close face to face, clinician to patient contact, is necessary for all types of routine orthodontic treatment.
We have therefore accepted the current advice from the Government, the Department of Health, and our Professional bodies and have closed all three of our practices, to all our patients, until further notice when the situation is clarified, and when enforced social distancing and restrictions on movement are lifted.
We are in daily receipt of NHSE daily updates and if official advice changes, we will keep you informed.
We understand that many of our patients will be disappointed and some of you will not be able to either start their treatment or have their braces off as planned. Others who have started treatment will now have their treatment finish delayed.
Please be reassured we will do our very best to get everyone back on track just as soon as we can safely do so.
Thankyou also for your understanding and messages of support during this time. They are much appreciated,
Please remember that before contacting us, and to help you manage any immediate concerns and queries, the latest simple and comprehensive home advice, found on the next pages, will answer all relevant FAQ’s for patients in all the different types or stages of orthodontic treatment
If you must contact us and it is truly urgent:-
Please bear with us. We are a small team, and experiencing very high volumes of enquiries.
- We would like to keep our telephone lines clear to ensure our clinicians can contact those patients that need our advice as promptly as possible. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance as this will be the most efficient way to contact us.
- Please ONLY call the practice on 0208-944-0180, if you have not been able to contact us via e-mail, Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm. At weekends and Bank Holidays please e-mail the practice as above and your question or query will be answered on the next working day. If you require urgent advice at the weekend please refer to the following FAQ’s, emergency advice and videos. Only if you are in extreme discomfort or pain should you contact NHS 111 at the weekend.
- Please only email or call us if you have followed the home advice protocols as set out first on the next page.
- All emails and calls will be triaged strictly according to priority.
Non urgent emails may not be answered as promptly as we would usually like, although we will try to reply as soon as we can.
- All emails, whether you are a private or NHS patient, must be sent to the following secure address regardless of which of our practices you/your child is being looked after